We believe we have a responsibility to act in the fight against climate change. That’s why Blackbaud is dedicated to proactively protecting the environment beyond our own internal sustainable business practices. Here’s how we’re doing our part:
We achieved carbon neutrality across our business operations and data centers in 2021 and 2022 through a combination of becoming a remote-first workforce, continuing energy efficiency initiatives in our LEED Gold certified headquarters building, and investing in carbon offset projects. We continue to look for new ways to continue reducing our carbon footprint, including working to further integrate and invest in renewable energy.
How we’re doing:
- 90% reduction in global greenhouse gas emissions since 2019
- Invested in reforestation carbon offset projects in Jinja, Uganda and Mississippi, USA
- Beginning development of near-term and long-term Net Zero Science Based Targets (SBTs)
Our remote-first workforce strategy has fast-tracked our goal of minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. Since 2019, we have achieved:
- 16% energy reduction in our global headquarters
- 40% water reduction in our global headquarters
We are partnering with frontline organizations making a difference. For example, we support Project Drawdown’s efforts to reach educators, students, professionals, and individual change agents interested in climate change globally. Here’s the impact of our support:
- Series of movie screenings and educational sessions for employees to learn about climate change and how they can help achieve drawdown
- Project Drawdown launched a new world-class science team in November 2022
- In May 2022, Project Drawdown became the first editorial collaborator for the award-winning show “Overheard at National Geographic.”
Learn about our other ESG priorities
People and Culture
As we provide essential software for impact, we embrace diverse perspectives and experiences and support employees’ well-being.
Fueling Social Impact
We unleash the potential of the people and organizations who change the world through our essential software and services.