People and Culture
We believe success comes from prioritizing employees’ personal and professional well-being and development, and it can only be realized when we embrace our diverse perspectives and experiences. Our remote-first strategy provides opportunity for all regardless of location. Here, everyone matters, and we are building a culture where people can be their full, authentic selves—because we know that’s the environment in which we thrive together.
Attracting Top Talent
As a purpose-driven company, we stand out and attract and retain talented people who have a passion for our customers. We actively embrace diverse perspectives and backgrounds, benefiting our customers, our people, and our communities.
- 91% of employees say the fact that Blackbaud operates in a socially responsible manner is important to them
- 55% of all new hires in 2021 came from historically underrepresented groups
Investing in Our Employees’ Development
We value the skills, depth of knowledge, and individuality that each employee brings to help our customers build a better world. We strive for continual learning and development, pathways for internal mobility, and training. How we’re doing:
- 40% of employees experienced a career progression in 2021
- 99% of employees completed Blackbaud Way training, which teaches individuals how to lead with empathy, relevance, ease, and wow when interacting with colleagues and customers
- 85% of people managers attended Engagement Labs and Creating an Inclusive Culture training
- Employees completed a total of 5,040 LinkedIn Learning courses in 2021, with a top focus on advancing customer service skills
Caring for Employee Well-Being
We care about our people as individuals. We place significant importance on creating an inclusive culture and providing competitive benefits that advocate for the emotional, physical, social, intellectual, and financial well-being of employees and their families. How we’re doing:
- 93% of employees believe their manager cares for their well-being.
- We launched #wellbeingwednesdays, a global wellness program with bi-monthly education sessions on anxiety, stress, and depression.
- 33% of employees participate in one or more of our affinity groups, enhancing a sense of community and belonging in a virtual and global setting.
At Blackbaud, engaged employees are critically important. We celebrate wins, we fail fast, and we learn every day, which is key in creating a thriving environment where everyone is welcomed, heard, and valued.
Chief People & Culture Officer
Learn more about our commitments
Social Good Community
We are 100% focused on powering and participating in the social good community.Learn More
Data Privacy and Protection
Our customers’ data security is mission-critical, and we take our commitment to protecting it seriously.Learn More
We are employing strategies that promote energy conservation, clean air and water, and a healthy planet.Learn More